On Wednesday, November 17, the Heritage Corridor Business Alliance hosted the Best of Lemont Awards Celebration at Crystal Grand Banquets. Over 100 attendees joined to honor the winners, chosen by a combination of popular vote and their colleagues.
“The common theme of the night is community,” stated Dan Mulka, Executive Director of the HCBA. “Everyone taking home an award, as well as everyone able to attend the celebration, and those at home and those currently working make this community the amazing Village named Lemont a great place to live and work.”
The event was sponsored by Citgo, AJ Technology Company, Edward Jones, and Lemont Township.
- Lemont-Bromberek District 113a Educator of the Year – Debby Lynch
- Library Public Library District Volunteer of the Year – Roberta Zak
- Lemont High School District 210 Educator of the Year – Patty Melei
- Private / Parochial School Educator of the Year – Judy Gottardo
- Lemont Township Employee of the Year – Will Pukula
- Lemont Township Volunteer of the Year – Glen Missaggia
- Non-Profit / Community Outreach Leader of the Year – Kenneth Grunke (Pathlights)
- Lemont Park District Volunteer of the Year – Matt Friscia
- Lemont Fire Protection District Firefighter of the Year – Battalion Chief David Bettenhausen
- Lemont Law Enforcement Officer of the Year – Officer John Lauricella
- Heritage Corridor Business Alliance Leadership Award – Mayor John Egofske
- Village of Lemont Employee – Tom Ballard
- Lemont Business of the Year – Tap House Grill