If you’re a foodie, than you will love LHG Test Kitchen Week. This event featuring the culinary creativity of five participating locations in the Lemont and Homer Glen area. They were asked to feature unique items or come up with new ones for the week of January 14-20, 2022.
The entrees and drinks definitely do not disappoint. And after you try one, return to LHGTestKitchenWeek.com to rate your item! Comments and feedback will be shared directly with the restaurant. The top entree and drink will each receive an award at the conclusion of the event.
BARREL AND VINE (Lemont, IL)
- Filet with Roasted Bone Marrow
- With roasted baby carrots, saffron potatoes, and yuzu black shallot sauce
- Almond Crusted Halibut
- Golden Yukon mashed potatoes with blue crab, grilled asparagus, and lemon butter sauce
- Shrimp, diced chicken, Andouille Sausage, Black Forest ham, Cajun tomato sauce, and Orzo pasta
- Beef Wellington
- With au gratin potatoes and red wine sauce (only available Friday, 1/14, and Saturday, 1/15)
- Create Your Own Old-Fashioned Adventure
- You choose the bitters and the spirits for a one-of-a-kind classic cocktail
DIGS ON CANAL (Lemont, IL)
- Smokey Row Nachos
- fresh tortilla chips, beer cheese sauce, smoked pulled pork, tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, shredded cheddar, bbq sauce and sour cream.
- Perfect Pear Salad
- leafy green mix, with grilled chicken, candied pecans, sliced pears, dried cranberries, Parmesan and homemade balsamic-maple syrup dressing
- Mac & Cheese Flight
- three skillets featuring white cheddar & Onion Mac, BBQ Pork Mac and Tuscan Chicken Mac N Cheese.
- Peppermint White Russian
- Made with Tito’s and Peppermint Kahlua
MUGSHOTS BAR AND GRILL (Homer Glen, IL)
- Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich
- Hand-battered Chicken breast, tossed in our signature Nashville Hot sauce. Topped with bread & butter pickles and creamy cabbage slaw
- Italian Style Strip Steak Sandwich
- 8 oz. USDA Choice strip, with mozzarella cheese, Mr. Beef’s marinara sauce and sweet & hot peppers
- Tequila Coconut Painkiller
- Mimosa Flight
Regular, Hawaiian, Raspberry-Lemonade
- Mimosa Flight
THE PHOENIX KITCHEN AND COCKTAILS (Homer Glen, IL)
- Southwest Turkey chili w/ Avocado cream
- Baked Jumbo Prawns
- Bacon wrapped U6 jumbo prawns, whiskey hollandaise sauce
- Smoked stuffed chicken
- Andouille sausage & corn bread stuffed chicken, creamy herbed polenta, peppadew pepper puree
- Campfire Old-fashioned
- Sagamore Rye whiskey, Marshmallow simple syrup, chocolate bitters, Large Ice sphere
- Raymond “R collection” Field blend, Napa Ca, 2019
The R Collection Field Blend elegantly brings together 5 core varietals: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Petite Sirah and Zinfandel for a wine that is layered and complex. medium-to-full bodied wine displays aromas of cherry, anise, and a touch of white pepper. Luscious flavors of strawberry and tangy raspberry. Exceptional balance and a velvety textured culminate with a lengthy, satisfying finish.
WOODEN PADDLE (Lemont, IL)
- Wood-Fired Sticky Chinese Ribs
- Hoisin BBQ garnished with sesame seeds and Asian micro greens
- Wood-Fired Brussels Sprouts
- Sesame gochujang sauce with buttered almonds.
- Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- Blackberry Bourbon Smash
- A Chef’s Special Pizza
For more information on LHG Test Kitchen Week, please visit LHGTestKitchenWeek.com.