One of the toughest running races in the area takes place in Lemont this Saturday, May 7.
The Quarryman Challenge is a 5k and 10 miler that puts each runner against hills of Lemont. Streets in the area will be closed at various times between 6am and 11am for the race and celebration. Come down and cheese on these runners, and stop in a local stores and restaurants while you’re here!
Race Day Road Closure and Parking Information
Race Headquarters and the post-race events will be held in the Lemont Village Hall parking lot and streets adjacent to Village Hall. Please be advised that there will be detours and street closings during the event. Starting at 6:00 AM the following closures will take place:
- Main St. from Julia to Lockport St. (by the VFW) west of the State St. Bridge from 6 – 9 AM
- Main Street from Julia to Stephen will be closed from 6 – 10:30 AM
- Lemont St. will be closed from Main Street south to Cass until 9 AM
- Stephen St. will be closed from Illinois to the train tracks from 7:20 AM – 8:30 AM
- The crossing of Main Street at Holmes will be restricted or closed during the race
Essentially, downtown will have similar closings as the car show. However, Stephen St. will remain open after the race starts and the streets north of the R.R. tracks will remain open and accessible. The Lemont Police Department and other officials will divert traffic around the closures. These streets should be fully re-opened by 11:00 AM or earlier.
Join Us at 12pm at Pollyanna Brewing Company
Join the Heritage Corridor Business Alliance at 12pm at Pollyanna Brewing Company, as we’ll be cutting the ribbon on their new outdoor patio expansion.