Make sure to get your tickets now for Thursday, October 27th’s Beer Dinner / Rotary Fundraiser at Tap House Grill. The event starts at 6:30m, with the 5-course meal starting at 7:00pm. Each course being expertly paired with an award-winning beer from across the country, including Solemn Oath’s Lu being served during the reception. (The beers are bolded in the course descriptions below)
- 1st: Main Lunch Prince Edward Island Steamed Mussels in a garlic, grapefruit, and tarragon broth. Served with a grilled herbed butter ciabatta bread point.
- 2nd: Revolution Oktoberfest This course featured a smoked pork loin with rosemary and cumin over a bed of split risotto.
- 3rd: Three Floyds Gumballhead Slow-cooked veal, parsley fingerling potatoes, gremolata
- 4th: Goose Island ’21 Cherry Wood BCBS Braised short ribs with wild cherries and gennel atop parmesan polenta.
- 5th: Southern Tier Pumking Pumpkin flan with nutmeg cream, dusted with ceylan cinnamon.
A portion of the proceeds benefits Shady Oaks Camp in Homer Glen. Shady Oaks Camp is a camp for people with disabilities. This camp provides a fun recreational camp experience with a unique 1-to-1 ration. Find out more by visiting their web site at https://www.shadyoakscamp.org/. Tickets are $95.00 per person, which can be purchased at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lemont-homer-glen-rotary-beer-and-food-event-tickets-407586541317. Service above self is one of the hallmarks of Rotary of Lemont-Homer Glen. Similar to their Health Care Heroes, Rotary club members work to make a difference in their communities through service including participating in hands on community service projects, awarding financial grants to local organizations and problem solving through business to business connections. Find out more about the rotary by visiting https://www.facebook.com/lhg.rotary/. Tap House Grill has been serving up addictive foods and creative foods throughout the Chicago suburbs. They have seven locations, but our favorite is the one in Lemont.